Before the submission of the review paper, the research ethics regulations must be confirmed and the submission form must be observed.
The review papers are posted online after membership.
Published papers will be announced online through the homepage.
This paper is published four times a year (March 30, June 30, September 30, December 30).
If you need a brochure, please ask the secretariat.
Article 1(Purpose) The purpose of this regulation is to specify matters concerning the publication of 'Journals'.
Article 2(Publication Date) Journals published by the Korea Computer Game Society Technology Research Center will be published twice a year (June 30th and December 31st).
Article 3(Publication) The journal should be published as follows.
(1) Must publish at least one journal at the publication date.
(2) If there is a decision of the editorial board, two or more journals may be simultaneously published on the same publication day.
(3) In case of publication of papers at number 6 or more, the volume number may be changed at the next issue date, and the issue number may be published again from 1.
(4) In case publication of more than 6 journals is expected to be published simultaneously on a specific publication day, the publication number can be changed.
Article 4(Number of books published per issue) The volume of publication of the technical journal of the Korea Computer Game Society shall be determined in consideration of the following matters.
(1) Articles should be published online.
(2) we publish and send a library presentation book signed with the National Central Library and the Society.
(3) we publish at least 10 copies of the Permanent Book in the Society.
(4) When a member notifies the intention to purchase the booklet in advance, it shall be published in consideration thereof.
Article 5(Assignment of Number) The assignment of the numbers of the journals issued by the Technology Research Center of the Korean Computer Game Society shall be in accordance with the following rules.
(1) The first journal published every year is numbered 1, and the journal numbers are assigned sequentially to the published journals.
(2) If there are more than 5 papers in a specific field among the papers scheduled to be published, these papers can be collected and issued with independent call numbers, and more than 2 papers can be published on the same publication day.
Article 6(Assignment of Volume Number) The assignment of volume numbers of journals issued by the Korea Computer Game Society shall be in accordance with the following rules.
(1) From the first issue published annually, we will assign a new volume number regardless of the number of the issue previously published.
(2) If the issue number is published sequentially from 1 to 6, we will change the issue number from the journal published on the next issue.
(3) If it is determined that the issue numbers 1 to 6 will be issued at the same time on a specific publication date, a new volume number shall be assigned to them.
(4) If a publication is published simultaneously on issue numbers 1 to 6, we will change the number of the issue on the next issue.
Article 7(Same author's thesis)
(1) Only two or less of the same authors' articles can be published in each issue of the Korean Computer Games Society.
(2) It is impossible for the same author to publish two copies as a single author.
(3) After the publication is confirmed, the articles which can not be published due to this clause shall be published in the next issue.
These regulations will be enacted on October 31, 2017 and effective November 1, 2017.
Thesis review regulations
Article 1(Purpose) The purpose of this regulation is to specify the matters to be examined in the thesis to be published in the KSCG.
Article 2(Examination procedure) The examination of submitted thesis is proceeded according to the following procedure.
(1) Subject conformity assessment of submitted papers
(2) Selection of Editorial Board
(3) Selection of external judges
(4) Review process
(5) Judgment of judging result
(6) Notification of judging result
Article 3(Subject Conformity) Submitted manuscripts are immediately transmitted to the editor-in-chief. The chairman of the editorial board reviews whether the subject and contents of the submitted paper are suitable for the journal published by the KSCG. If it is obvious that the subject of the contribution is inappropriate, immediately state the reason and return it in the name of the editor-in-chief. If the subject suitability is recognized or unclear, submit it to the auditor.
Article 4(Selection of editorial committee for review management) The editor-in-chief will request the editorial committee of the major who has the most relevance to the topic of the manuscript submitted for review.
Article 5(Selection of external judges) The editorial committee responsible for the examination and management of submitted papers shall select two or more external judges based on the following criteria. The editor-in-chief should not participate in the examination except in unavoidable cases.
(1) (Field) The external judges should have conducted or conducted research related to the topic of the paper. In the case of dissertations of various disciplines, experts in other disciplines can be selected as external judges.
(2) (Career) The external judges are based on the holders of the doctoral degree, but can choose among those who have a career experience, such as a Ph.D.
(3) (Expertise) The external judges should have experience of similar research in the field of examination for the past 5 years.
(4) (Activities) The external judges should keep track of research trends by participating in academic events and conducting research.
Article 6(Request for examination) The proceedings of examination shall be as follows.
(1) In the case of a beginner, ask the judges of two or more selected judges for examination. The contents of the judging panel shall be announced by the following editorial committee.
(2) In case of reconsideration, the former judge shall be requested to conduct a priority examination. If the previous judge refuses to review or is unable to proceed with the examination, he / she should immediately appoint another judge to proceed with the examination.
(3) The author of an article to be judged, or a person who works in the same organization as the institution of the judging article author, can not be appointed as a judge, and if he / she recognizes this fact, he / she shall immediately replace the judge.
Article 7(Examination Period) The examination period shall be as follows.
(1) The judges shall submit the results of the examination to the secretariat within 30 days after the commencement of the examination in case of the general examination paper, and within 10 days after the commission of examination in case of the emergency examination paper. The editor-in-chief may refer to the completion of the examination five days before the deadline set by the editorial committee.
(2) If the judge fails to submit the results of the examination without any reason during the period or if the communication is lost, the editor-in-chief may suspend the examination and re-nominate the judge.
Article 8(Examination Criteria) The examination shall be conducted on the following 14 items. The score is calculated on a five-point scale of very high (5 points), high (4 points), average (3 points), low (2 points) and very low (1 point).
(1) Is it a novel and exciting research topic?
(2) Was the need and purpose of the research clearly presented?
(3) Did you use research methods appropriate to your research objectives?
(4) Is the expression appropriate?
(5) Is the structure and length appropriate?
(6) Describe related research and provide similarity and differentiation between them.
(7) Are the results presented specifically?
(8) Has the study been interpreted objectively?
(9) Has it validated the new outcome?
(10) Did you draw creative and meaningful conclusions based on your research findings?
(11) Is there a high contribution to the field of computer games?
(12) Is the content and volume of the abstract appropriate?
(13) Has the research data and literature within the last 5 years been properly utilized?
(14) Do you follow the KSCG thesis standard form?
Article 9(Notice of Examination) Please pay attention to the following points when conducting the examination.
(1) During the review process, the judges should review the association with existing similar papers in accordance with the research ethics regulations of the institute.
(2) The judges may exchange opinions with the contributors only through the secretariat.
(3) When the result of the examination is received by the author, If it is not corrected or supplemented within the submission period without expressing any special opinion, it shall be regarded as a waiver of examination.
(4) If the plaintiff is judged to be plausible as a result of the examination, but it is determined that the plaintiff can not be postponed due to plagiarism or other reasons, it shall be dealt with in accordance with the research ethics regulations.
Article 10(Judgment of Judging Result) Three judges are requested to judge and decide whether to adopt as follows.
(1) If at least one of the three people judges that it is "unavailable", it shall not be published unconditionally.
(2) If at least one of the three judges judge it to be 'revision after revision', it shall be reviewed by the judges concerned.
(3) If two or more of the three persons judge the publication as "post-revision," the article will be published after the author's revision.
(4) In any case other than the above case, it shall be made available.
Article 11(Notice of Examination Result)
(1) If the applicant is determined to be adopted, it shall be notified to the correspondent author within two days.
(2) If modification is required, the revision receipt deadline must be notified to the author.
Article 12(Examination fee) In order to encourage the submission of good quality papers and to compensate for the detailed examination, the examination fee shall be as follows.
(1) At the time of submitting a thesis, a contributor pays a general thesis fee (50,000 won) or an urgent thesis fee (100,000 won).
(2) Each judging committee shall pay an examination fee of 25,000 won per article.
(1) The list of submitters and the appointment of judges shall not be disclosed to the outside.
(2) If the contents of Paragraph 1 are leaked to the outside, immediately replace the judges to ensure fairness of thesis review.
(3) In the case of paragraph (2), appropriate measures shall be taken to prevent recurrence, and the details shall be as prescribed by the research ethics regulations.
Article 14(Determination of Exceptions) The following exceptional cases may be decided by the Editorial Board.
(1) In case of disagreement between the judges, the editorial committee shall consult.
(2) The deadline for submission of manuscripts and the deadline for revision may be changed exclusively only after consultation by the editorial committee if necessary.
These regulations are enacted on January 31, 2012, and take effect on February 28, 2012.
Research ethics regulations
Article 1(Purpose) The purpose of this study is to foster and revitalize sound research activities among members by specifying academic sanctions and disciplinary procedures in violation of research ethics obligation that member researchers should observe.
Article 2(Research ethics duty) Members shall comply with the research ethical obligations of the following paragraphs.
(1) Obligation not to engage in unlawful acts such as plagiarism, forgery, alteration, manipulation of other researchers' contents
(2) Obligation not to infringe the human rights of participating researchers and participating researchers
(3) Obligations not to use data and information collected during the course of research other than for research purposes
(4) Obligation not to hurt traditional ethical practices in other engineering and technology fields
Article 3(Composition and Operation of Ethics Committee)
(1) The President of the Society shall appoint a committee of up to 10 persons among the eminent authorities of the academic world and shall serve a term of one year.
The composition of the committee shall include one chairperson and one vice chairperson. One of the commissioned committee members shall be elected as the ethics chairperson, and the vice chairman shall serve as the editor-in-chief.
Article 4(Functions of the Committee)
(1) Submit to the Chairperson of the Code of Ethics the title of the person who is eligible for the reasons set forth in Article 2, and has signed at least five members.
(2) The Committee shall determine, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint, whether the content of the complaint is unlawful. The decision shall be made by two-thirds of the committee to determine whether it is illegal, with the majority of the attendees, and if so, the chairman shall decide. The procedure and contents of the judgment shall be kept confidential, and only the results may be promulgated.
(3) The Commission shall, from time to time, hear the opinions of the petitioner or the petitioner privately and in particular give the petitioner the opportunity to be called.
Article 5(Processing Results)
(1) If the Commission finds that the law has been violated, take the following measures.
① Send reprimand
② Cancellation of the research result
③ Exemption of membership
④ Notify your agency manager
⑤ Accusations to judicial institutions
(2) If the investigation finds that there has been no offense, the Commission may take appropriate follow-up measures to restore the honor of the respondent.
Article 6(Request for Review)
(1) The complainant and the complainant may file a reconsideration of the decision of the Commission only once.
(2) The appeal shall be dealt with within seven days of receipt.
(3) Judgments of the agenda shall be decided by a majority of the votes of two-thirds or more of the committee. In the case of an opposition, the chairman decides.
This regulation will be effective from November 1, 2011.